Ruru Specialist School IEP/ICPs
Individual Education Plans / Individual Career Plans
The IEP/ICP is the most significant planning document for every student
at Ruru Specialist School and addresses his/her specific learning needs.
Individual learning needs are met through our extensive and comprehensive
IEP/ICP meetings are held every 6 months for ORS students and once 12 monthy
for NON-ORS students.
At IEP/ICP meetings we:
- Identify present level of student under the key
- Establish and review goals
- To establish the roles and responsibilities of
the team members and identify resources needed
- Prioritise learning needs
The ‘IEP Process’ is the ongoing collaborative process by which IEP’s
are developed, implemented and reviewed.
An IEP/ICP is….
- A plan that show how our school programme will
be adapted to fit the student
- A plan that brings together knowledge and contributions,
from the student and those who best know them, about the student’s learning
needs, aspirations, personality, and cultural background.
- An individual supplement to the full-class learning
programme, which enriches the student’s classroom, school and community
- A forward-looking plan that records student achievements,
where they want to go, what supports are needed (including support for
team members), and what success might look like
- A succinct outline of a few priority learning
goals and strategies to meet them within the classroom programme
- A ‘living’ document that team members regularly
update to reflect the student’s changing development and that that team
refers to for guidance on their responsibilities and needs