Waikiwi Vocational Programme 2
Waikiwi Vocational Programme 2 offers students
with high and very high special education needs, a tailored inclusive
Life Skills education programme leading towards independence.
What we offer/provide:
- For students 16 to 21 years old.
- Multi disciplinary team of experienced
committed teachers, teachers aides, speech therapists, physiotherapists,
occupational therapists, and specialists.
- Individualised programmes.
- Ongoing support towards independence
in the wider community.
- Real life learning experiences and work
- South Pacific Educational Courses (SPEC)
towards NZQA accreditation.
- Skills for Life programmes.
- Flatting programme.
- Social skills development including café,
library, museum visits, shopping.
- STAR courses.
- Formal Ball.
- Use of technology to support learning.
- EOTC including Special Olympics and tramping
What's On Now...
Our focus this term:
Key Competency: Using Language, Symbols and Text
Elective: SPEC– Creativity
Maori Focus: Cultural Celebrations
- Social & Co-operation – Healthy Relationships – Student will discuss what makes a Healthy Relationship
- THE ARTS – SPEC – Creativity Students will attempt to create their own painting or drawing
- Health & PE - Students will make a chart demonstrating hazards and safe practices linked to those hazards