Donovan Satellite Class
We are a Ruru class that is situated at
Donovan Primary School.
The class is for children that are Year 4 – 8. The classroom is
run by 1 teacher and supported by 2 teacher aides.
- The students at Donovan Satellite class
have access to all the Donovan Primary School resources
- Students at the Satellite class are warmly
welcomed into Donovan Primary School and are included in all
school activities. They are able to attend lessons in mainstream
classrooms to enhance their learning and social needs.
- Every student at the Donovan Satellite
completes daily IEPs which target areas that need support.
- Reading, writing and maths programmes are
also in place and are taught according the National Curriculum.
- Every term the class has a specific theme
which is assessed in a variety of ways.
- During the week programmes are also run
on skills for life – cooking, personal care, health and fitness.
- Students also have the opportunity to
participate in therapy programmes that support their needs.
Speech, Water Therapy, Music Therapy, OT, RDA, and Sensory Programmes.
- Students have the opportunity to participate
in Special Olympic days in Swimming, Athletics, and 10 Pin Bowling.
What's On Now...
This term students will focus on our topic Celebrations.
- Exploring a variety of art materials and tools to produce different effects
- Develop an understanding of how people express their culture in their daily lives
- Celebrating important events in our own lives and across our culture
- Explore and shape ideas about relationships and keeping ourselves safe
- Being organised, taking responsibility for completing tasks and looking after our resources
- Participating in regular exercise
- Participating in Special Olympics swimming
- Sharing and cooperating in small groups and as a class
- Organise writing using simple structures, explore and develop a sense of sentence structure
- Recognise and identify ideas in reading, develop an understanding of symbols and engage in learning experiences
- Managing self – organizing my equipment, tidying up after myself, knowing my timetables, being on time, getting changed for PE, being prepared
- Inclusion with Donovan school events – assembly, joining peers in reading groups, sports events and celebrations