Salford Satellite Class
Salford Satellite is a classroom that is
a part of Ruru Specialist School and is situated at Salford School.
We have 1 teacher and 2 teacher aides supporting five students aged
between 5 and 9 years old. We also have support from therapists
- We tailor our learning programmes to
meet the needs of our students by implementing Individual Education
- Reading, writing and maths based on each
child’s needs, at each child’s level, are taught daily and assessed
- Each term an integrated, themed unit
is explored and the students are encouraged to use the various
items of technology we have available – iPads, Interactive Whiteboards,
computer and internet access.
- All of our students are involved in therapy
sessions in speech, sensory, swimming, music and OT.
- The students also learn skills for life
including dressing, personal care, cooking, fitness and how
to keep clean and healthy.
- We use the school vans to explore outside
the classroom and to travel to off-campus activities.
- We keep fit doing daily fitness and PE.
What's On Now...
This term students will focus on our topic Celebrations.
- Exploring a variety of art materials and tools
- Develop an understanding of how people express their culture in their daily lives
- Participating in regular exercise
- Sharing and cooperating in groups
- Organise writing using simple structures, explore and develop a sense of sentence structure
- Recognise and identify ideas in reading, develop an understanding of symbols and engage in learning experiences
- Create and continue sequential patterns
- Managing self – organizing my equipment, tidying up after myself and following our timetables
- Our daily reading, writing and maths programme