Verdon Satellite Class– Marcellin Block, Verdon College
The Verdon Satellite classrooms are situated
on the Verdon College site near the Year 7 and 8 block.
Students in these classroom range in age from 11 to 14 yrs age.
(Years 7 to 10)
- The Verdon Satellite classes offer adapted
programmes and individualised timetables structured to meet
the specific needs of our students.
- The age appropriate programmes allow
our students to achieve personal goals while being supported
by committed specialist teachers, therapists and support staff.
- In Verdon Satellite, we keep up to date
with current theories and practises.
- We have a 21st century learning space
with an ipad for each student, Apple TVs and computers.
- We focus on reading, writing, maths and
self-management and also cover other curriculum areas through
thematic integrated units.
- Our students have opportunities to experience
life outside the classroom through various events, tramping,
flat, and community visits.
- We pride ourselves in having an active
programme with daily fitness and weekly PE, sports, tramping
and swimming sessions.
- With support, our students are encouraged
at all times to be responsible and independent.
- Being on the Verdon College site enables
our students access to their facilities, with the support of
- Our Verdon Satellite students have the
opportunity to have inclusion within the mainstream setting,
with their peers, both within the classroom and the playground.
What's On Now...
This term students will focus on our topic Celebrations.
- Exploring a variety of art materials and tools
- Develop an understanding of how people express their culture in their daily lives
- Making enquiries into what products are made from and how this affects their performance
- Explore and shape ideas about relationships and keeping ourselves safe
- Being organised
- Participating in regular exercise
- Sharing and cooperating in groups
- Organise writing using simple structures, explore and develop a sense of sentence structure
- Recognise and identify ideas in reading, develop an understanding of symbols and engage in learning experiences
- Create and continue sequential patterns
- Managing self – organizing my equipment, tidying up after myself, knowing my timetables, being on time, getting changed for PE, being prepared
- Inclusion with Verdon Camp, PE, Science, Art, Tutor groups, Assemblies, House competitions and school events